An Important Note to Our Clients
This is a difficult time with COVID-19 and for the safety of everyone, we have implemented a “curbside care” policy to continue providing wellness to our patients.
**UPDATE AS OF JUNE 17, 2020 – ALL EMPLOYEES OR VISITORS ENTERING THIS BUSINESS MUST WEAR FACE COVERINGS WHEN IN AN AREA OR PERFORMING AN ACTIVITY WHICH WILL NECESSARILY INVOLVE CLOSE CONTACT OR PROXIMITY TO CO-WORKERS OR THE PUBLIC WHERE 6 FEET OF SEPARATION IS NOT FEASIBLE.
COVID-19 Amigo Animal Hospital Client Protocol
Effective immediately: March 19, 2020
Amigo Animal Hospital’s top priority is the safety of our clients, our doctors and our staff. In order to continue offering our services and to comply with the CDC and WHO guidelines regarding the transmission of COVID-19, we have made the following changes to our client protocol and will continue for as long as the recommendations are in place.
*NOTE – If clients are uncomfortable with these protocols, you may reschedule your appointment(s) for when these guidelines are no longer in place.
- In order to protect the safety of our team, our doctors and our other clients, we request that all clients showing signs of illness or who have been in contact with someone who has the illness associated with COVID-19 remain at home and not bring their pets to Amigo Animal Hospital.
- We are asking pet owners not to enter the building in order to minimize contact.
- When clients arrive for their appointments, they should contact the clinic to alert the team of their arrival and what type of vehicle they are in. Our phone number is 210-679-5600. We ask clients to remain in their vehicle and a member of our staff will come to them to bring their pet(s) in for their appointment. We will likely remove client’s harnesses/leashes and use our disinfected leads instead. Carriers will be wiped down prior to entering and exiting the clinic.
- We ask clients to remain on-site in their vehicle during their pet’s appointment so that they are immediately available should we have questions and in order to return their pet as quickly as possible to reduce the pet’s stress. Drop-off appointments will also be considered.
- If any additional information is needed prior to performing our diagnostics, or if any additional tests are needed beyond the examination, a team member or doctor will contact the client via telephone.
- Once the exam has been completed or the pet has been fully evaluated, we will contact the client via telephone to go over findings, recommendations and answer any questions the client may have. The client’s call will then be transferred to a client service representative who will collect payment via credit card over the phone. If possible, we ask that our clients use credit cards in lieu of other payment types (checks and cash) at this time.
- The doctors and staff will communicate with clients via telephone and credit card payments will be taken over the phone. Cash payment will be taken in person from your vehicle. An itemized receipt will be e-mailed to clients by the end of the day.
- Any new prescriptions will be brought out to client’s vehicles (if prescribed during the appointment). We highly recommend that our clients order all refills through our online pharmacy, Vetsource. A link to this pharmacy is on our website, www.amigovet.com. If a refill is needed right away, please call ahead before coming to pick up the medication to let us know you are here.
**We will prioritize the triage and treatment of any pet emergency should the need arise.**
We sincerely thank you for your patience and understanding. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Amigo Animal Hospital